1) Timing - this was a scheduled session with with of our beloved Baby Portrait Planners... as a Baby Planner, you have access to unlimited portrait sessions throughout baby's first year, and there are certain milestones of baby's first year that we love to capture - this was one of them.
Four months is the perfect age to capture baby's personality. We tend to capture mostly sleepy images during our custom styled newborn photo shoots, so at 4 months, we love capturing awake images, including the famous tummy time poses.
2) Close Up - I adore baby close ups ... that is the first thing you see when you look at this image ... you'll probably say his sweet smile or maybe his bright blue eyes, then you'll quickly notice how he is ever so sweetly holding his little hands. All these details work together to tell the story of this portrait - this sweet milestone memory.
3) Organic - I always try to incorporate an organic style into my baby photography, in fact, it is our signature look that we are known for ... by styling sessions with organic elements, neutrals and a touch of rustic goodness, it draws the eye to subject of the portrait (baby) while enhancing all the details that make the portrait beautiful,
4) Eyes - I always focus on the eyes when photographing portraits. My daughter loves photographing nature and I love photographing people. With nature, the scenery says it all, but when photographing people, the eyes tell the story. This baby has big, bright blue eyes that smiles at the camera and are a precious focal point.
5) Expressions - At this age, baby has begun to master expressions and mannerisms that are all him own. Photography is a perfect way to remember the details of baby. When my son was little, he had an adventurous spirit to say the least - well, quite mischievous if I am honest. Right before and during his moments of mischievousness, he would crinkle his nose in the cutest little way. I remember photographing those little nose crinkles as he climbed trees, made mud pies in the sand, and crashed his toy cars together. When I look at these images, instantly I see these little nose wrinkles and remember this sweet stage of life. The little things will one day become big things are those memories flood in of days gone by.
6) Emotion - many years ago I began photographing with intention and this made all the difference in my work. Sure, I still pose my babies (and clients), but I also intentionally try to capture the emotion of the moment. Sometimes that means the anticipation of waiting for baby's arrival during a maternity portrait session, other times it may mean capturing that feeling of overwhelming, boundless love of a mom holding her baby in her arms, this session was all about capturing this little guy in all of his glory - the smiles, the expressions, the adorable way his eyes light up when he smiles and all the little things that make him "him." Mom see this little face day in and day out - capturing those sweet details are exactly what she wants to document from this stage of baby days. The emotion - pure and utter happiness and joy - that is exactly what mom will feel when she looks at this image. This image brings an instant smiles to your face!
7) . Growth - a big part of our baby plan focuses on capturing the growth of baby during his first year. Baby develops so quickly over his first years, continually changing and growing and a baby portrait plan allows the opportunity to bottle up each moment of time in portraits to have and to hold throughout the ever changing first year and beyond so your memories live on.