Two of the most popular questions are "what to wear" and "how to prepare" for my photo shoot. Below are a few tips do's and don't to consider...
SENIOR PORTRAIT SESSIONS:
In senior portraits, we focus on the face a lot...especially the eyes. You may consider a little extra eye makeup for your session, including lashes...making a little more dramatic eye look for your photo shoot draws contrast in the portraits and makes your eyes "pop" a bit more in front of the camera. Contact us as soon as possible should you wish to utilize one of the hair and makeup artists that we work with and we can discuss pricing and planning.
We will also utilize hands in posing for senior portraits. For this reason, clean, natural or neutral colored nails photograph best. Chipped nail polish or colored nails can distract from the focus of the photograph.
FOR ALL PORTRAIT SESSIONS:
- incorporate textures (denim, lace, rosette, crochet, cable knit sweater, smocking, etc)...texture photograph well
- wear something that reflects your style
- creams, whites, grays and neutrals work well
- brings accessories (chunky necklaces, scarves, chunky earrings, halos, headbands, bows, hats, etc...)
- coordinate family with similar color palette, but not everyone has to match - pull colors together to coordinate with color palettes
spring color palette ideas:
summer color palette ideas:
Fall color palette ideas:
winter color palette ideas:
- wear large graphics, text or large logos on clothing, as it distracts from the subject
- wear shorts - especially men - pants or jeans photograph best
--->>> . please no neon or fluorescent colors - they will leave a color cast on skin that will not edit out
- no sunglasses
- wear anything you are not willing to sit in - we photograph outdoors often in fields, urbane areas, etc...and we sit often for poses
-wear chipped or colored nail polish - these details show up in portraits and distract from the focus of the portrait
Do not wear glasses with transitional lenses - if your glasses have transitional lenses, we will need to photograph you without them as they always photograph dark like sunglasses and this can not be edited
First birthday outfit ideas:
High School Seniors/Teens: altar'd state, boho blu, buckle, h&m, gap, old navy
Maternity - Pink Blush
Baby/Children: Matilda Jane, Tea Collection, Mustard Pie, Peaches N Cream, GAP, Old Navy
Family: GAP, Old Navy, H&M
PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS - WHAT TO WEAR
Light neutral colors like white, cream, grey work well in-studio. Textures always photograph well.
What to wear suggestions will vary depending on location. Text (336) 706-4400 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) your wardrobe choices and I can suggest which outdoor location type would work best with your wardrobe. Outdoor headshots are shot in natural light, near sunrise or sunset for best lighting conditions.
Avoid deeply saturated colors, neons, fluorescents and large graphics or logos.
Your hands may be very visible in headshots. Clean natural or light color nails photograph best (consider avoiding chipped nail polish or bright nail colors).