As a photographer who specializes in motherhood photography, we begin capturing the journey during pregnancy, with your custom styled portrait session. We continue to follow each and every milestone, with our Baby Portrait Plan that provides unlimited access to portrait sessions during baby's first year. Every milestone deserves to be documented, and over the years we have found these few things to be true when considering newborn photography, so here are our top tips for consideration to select the best newborn photographer:
1) Baby Safety - Look for practices and policies that incorporate the importance of baby safety in the studio. There is a reason this is at the top of our list ... babies are tiny miracles and we take every aspect of baby safety very seriously. As a trusted professional newborn photographer since 2010, we consider every area when photographing our littlest clients. We employ the use of a newborn assistant with every newborn photo shoot, one who we personally train. Two sets of hands available for baby throughout the session, ensuring baby's safety and comfort throughout the photo shoot. Many of our assistants have a background in nursing, so you can be certain your baby is in good hands.
2) Studio Space - What type of studio does the photographer offer? Is it utilized for other purposes? We have a dedicated baby portrait studio. Our studio space was designed with newborns and babies in mind. We do not hosts parties, conferences, workshops, events, forums or other business ventures at our studio, it's exclusively for our babies. Every nook and cranny of our studio has been well thought out to be a place of ultimate safety for your baby. Cleanliness is also vitally important to us. By ensuring that the studio is cleaned before and after each and every session - no exceptions, our studio remains clean for every baby. In addition, all wraps, clothing and blankets are washed before and after each session. We take care of all the details to ensure your baby is in a safe and clean environment.
3) Approach - Research the photographer's approach to newborn photography. Each portrait session we offer is custom styled to provide a unique experience for every client. We incorporate our background in design to share our love for design elements in creative ways. Our approach to newborn baby photography is organic in style. Our babies are captured in natural poses with dreamy, creamy light, textures and color pallet. We use natural fibers, rustic wood elements and delicate accessories to create our signature look within the photography community.
4) Experience - Look for experience in the industry, not just as a photographer, but specifically as a newborn photographer. We have been working with babies since 2010. There is a lot of professional training, workshops, seminars, forums and education that happens behind the scenes for newborn photographers...not the technical aspects of lighting and photography (that is important too), but specific training to working with newborns. in our local community, we are often refereed to as "the baby photographer" and we consider that the highest compliment!
5) Quality - How and what does the photographer produce? How do their images represent special seasons of life, like a newborn baby days? Are you just another name on their editing list, just another person to email their pricing link to, just another paycheck? This is an areas that truly sets apart. We are known for our quality, fine art photography. We consider our images as art, and that remains the focus of our business. However, as a custom portrait photographer, we understand the client experience is equally important. Coming from the corporate world, quality and customer service are branded into every fiber of everything we do. We pride ourselves on building relationships with our clients...one client at a time. You will notice form the very beginning, we are different. We personally call each client that emails us to inquire about our services. We want to get to know you as we capture your journey into motherhood. It begins with that first phone call...we desire to create a portrait experience that creates beautiful memories along the way. We are grateful that many of our clients have become friends over the years and they, and their families are personally near and dear to our hearts. We take time to be attentive to every client, you are priority. We are available to our clients to meet there needs.
These are just a few of the top considerations when seeking a newborn photographer. We hope to earn your trust as your photographer of choice.